Back
Currency
THB - Thai Baht
USD - U.S. Dollar
GBP - British Pound
EUR - Euro
JPY - Japanese Yen
AUD - Australian Dollar
HKD - Hong Kong Dollar
CNY - Chinese Yuan
SGD - Singapore Dollar
TWD - Taiwan Dollar
RUB - Russian Ruble
MYR - Malaysian Ringgit
INR - Indian Rupee
Note: The exchange rate shown here is for reference only.
Advisory & Transaction
Research & Consulting
Valuation
Property Management
Enterprise Facilities Management
This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website, you consent in accordance with our Cookie Policy.
Accept
Menu
Buy
Industrial
Factory / Warehouse / Industrial Land
Whole Building
Apartment / Serviced Apartment Building /
Office Building / Golf Course / Shophouse /
Other Investment Properties
Condominium Project
Hyde Heritage Thonglor
Rent
Industrial
Factory / Warehouse / Industrial Land
Whole Building
Apartment / Serviced Apartment Building /
Office Building / Golf Course / Shophouse /
Other Investment Properties
Land
Land on Chaengwattana Road
Sell / LeaseProperty Search
Choose your currency
THB
Currency Settings
THB - Thai Baht
USD - U.S. Dollar
GBP - British Pound
EUR - Euro
JPY - Japanese Yen
AUD - Australian Dollar
HKD - Hong Kong Dollar
CNY - Chinese Yuan
SGD - Singapore Dollar
TWD - Taiwan Dollar
RUB - Russian Ruble
MYR - Malaysian Ringgit
INR - Indian Rupee
Note: The exchange rate shown here is for reference only.
Site Search
Site Search
Fill out this field.

Fastest Recovery Seen in Luxury Houses and Condominiums Near Educational Centres

September 03, 2020
Share
Close

After the government has lifted its restrictions and safety measures implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic, CBRE, a leading international property consultant, has pointed out luxury detached houses and condominiums near educational institutions are currently attracting a lot of attention from buyers, sending them on the fastest recovery route which sets them apart from the rest of the residential market.

Ms. Aliwassa Pathnadabutr, Managing Director of CBRE Thailand, revealed, “After Thailand was hit by the COVID-19 outbreak in early 2020, the single luxury housing market has been one of the fastest market to recover, as evidenced by the sales figures from projects where CBRE has been the marketing and sales consultant. CBRE is currently the sole agent of 9 luxury single housing projects in the central Bangkok, midtown area and suburbs of Bangkok with price ranging from 25.9 to 150 Million Baht. The main buyers are locals seeking a new home with more living space and privacy following the ‘New Normal’ way of living after COVID-19, taking the living space as well as the internal and external functions into account.”

CBRE also found that the condominium market near educational institutions is another market that shows swift recovery and was less affected by the COVID-19 crisis. "Condominium projects near universities have a clear target audience because there are real demands. Apart from own-use purchases or parents purchasing for their university-bound children, this market is a good alternative for investors looking for a low-risk market which is easy to lease. In comparison to other condominium markets for investors when it comes to resale, condominiums near universities are more liquid, especially the new projects with modern designs that suit the next generation," Ms. Aliwassa added.

In terms of the general condominium market overview, CBRE customer and marketing data revealed that the existing demand from buyers in the pre-pandemic period whose decisions were put on hold is now returning to the market with the buyers awaiting the right price and promotion to make their purchase. The majority of the buyers comprising 93% are Thais while the remaining 7% are expatriates who reside in Thailand.

Back

More News

Contact Us