Thailand's leading real estate agent

Central Embassy Adding Affordable Brands

By on May 09, 2017 in Retail

New strategy aimed at increasing traffic

Central Department Store Group, the operator of Central Embassy, is adjusting its product mix to make the 18-billion-baht shopping complex more accessible for a wider group of customers.

Barom Bhicharnchitr, managing director of Central Embassy, said the company will allot the 7,000 square metres of available space with 3-4 new brand names in the vein of Muji or Top Shop to enlarge the customer base.

He said the increase in accessible brands is aimed at increasing the number of shoppers to Central Embassy by 50% to 30,000 visitors per day by the end of this year. The new brands will replace existing brands, whose lease contracts expired yesterday.

Since opening in 2014, Central Embassy has focused on exclusive products and new brands to draw high-end customers. About 30% of the products at the shopping complex are new brands.

The company has also added some familiar brands to make its complex more accessible for customers.

Central Embassy says the complex welcomed an average of 20,000 visitors a day last year.

This year, Central Embassy added new elements, including Open House, a community living room, and Siwilai City Club, a social club, worth a combined 615 million baht.

Year-to-date, the shopping complex’s food hall has already expanded by 40%, with the targeted visitors comprising families, expatriates, tourists, and young adults.

Some 60% of Central Embassy customers are expected to be Thais and the remaining 40% foreign tourists from China, Japan, Hong Kong, Russia and the Middle East. The mall is set to allocate 280 million baht to marketing activities this year.

“Under our centrality philosophy, we aim to develop Central Embassy into a centre of urban life,” said Yuwadee Chirathivat, chief executive of Central Department Store. “No matter where we are, we promote Thai quality of life, introducing facilities and convenience for businesses, as we are more than just a department store.”

Central Group has been in business for 70 years as a leading Southeast Asian retailer, with ownership in luxury department stores in Europe, including La Rinascente in Italy; Illum in Denmark; and Alsterhaus, Oberpollinger and KaDeWe in Germany.

“Our vision doesn’t stop here,” Mr Barom said. “We continue to look into the future and find ways to expand Central Embassy’s horizons in both the local community and globally. We are working harder to make it appeal to an ever-widening clientele for generations to come.”

Michael Golden, general manager of Park Hyatt Bangkok, said the hotel, located in Central Embassy, will open this Friday.

Park Hyatt Bangkok has total 222 rooms and 75-80 rooms will initially be opened for services first. All hotel rooms will be ready for service within one month after the official launch.

“We are a small luxury hotel, quite different from others. We have 10 room types and 57 layouts,” Mr Golden said.

Source: Bangkok Post – 9 May 2017

Nora has been in the Corporate Communications arena for a number of years. Nora's role is to communicate all newsworthy items that are of a PR nature.

No comment


emailSubscribe Via Email

Privacy guaranteed. We will not share your information.

Follow Me on Twitter

Follow Me on Facebook

Subscribe via RSS Feed

Copyright © 2021 CBRE (Thailand) Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.