International Automobile Company
Client Represented: International Automobile Company
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Topline: Negotiated rent with 25% savings from initial rental offer terms
We were requested by an international automobile company to run an RFP process to deliver them two new facilities, one for training and one for using as a distribution center for spare parts. Both projects were for lease rather than acquisition. The two premises were not co - dependent and had differing size, location, and functional use requirements. We were prepared to explore options already available in the market, or for new Build to Suit (BTS) facilities. Due to the specification, location, and functions of the building it was found that Build to Suit was the best option for delivering on the clients’ requirements.
Key Issues to Consider
- Zoning requirements dictated location away from the desired locations
- Necessity to run a 100% transparent and inclusive process to all potential landlords
- Due to the fast growth of the client business the size requirements expanded late in the process
- Client required security of tenure on the best possible commercial terms
How CBRE Created an Advantage
- Up to 25 of the highest regarded developers were approached to tender for the project
- Competitive environment between bidders was retained until the end to drive our commercial negotiation
- Final Built to Suit agreements signed to deliver the facilities
CBRE’S negations on final agreed commercial terms result in a 25% savings from the initial rental offer terms.