Reduce Real Estate Footprint with Consolidation Strategy
Client Represented: Insurance Company
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Topline: Finding the right solutions for the two consolidated businesses which have different entities and cultures
- The client wished to reduce its real estate footprint by implementing a consolidation strategy.
- In consolidating 2 locations together, the company aimed to increase employee collaboration, increase productivity, and reduce commute times of staff when travelling between 2 offices.
- The client’s biggest challenge was blending employee cultures from 2 different locations (company resulted from a merger between 2 different entities).
- The portfolio in Bangkok covers over 10,000 sq.m. impacting a headcount of 1,000.
- Space utilisation study to determine suitable space requirement and desking ratios
- Commute analysis and location study
- Deep dive to understand leadership vision, company culture, and challenges they are facing
- 25% reduction from current footprint
- Selection of most appropriate location based on commute analysis
- As a result of the research activities, the client became interested in developing long-term opportunities for flexible working thus planned to implement activity-based workplace (ABW) solutions in their future office location